Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The New Prohibition

I hope this works. I am having problems with Digg again today.

The Denver Gun Rights Examiner, Dan Bidstrup has a great article up entitled The New Prohibition. Go read. He has a poignant tale about his daughter:

My oldest daughter patted my hand indulgently and said "Dad, I can assure you that nobody is going to come take your guns." We were again discussing gun rights and she cannot fathom my trepidation about the current trend in our federal government.
I feel somewhat the same way. My own daughter became scared when she read about a woman killed in a public parking garage where she has to park to conduct business on a regular basis. So, she and her mother went down to get a Concealed Handgun Permit. She went through the hoops, got her permit, and a gun. Now, though, she is back to accusing me of being paranoid for carrying. Nothing I can say changes her mind. She believes in the myth that she doesn't go anywhere that crime happens. What is it about "liberals" and magical thinking?

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of you before today, yet I sense your anguish. I too pray that your daughter never finds that crime comes to you, you do not go to it.

    ReplyDelete