Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Comments on the Raleigh Gun Show

Dixie Gun Shows held a show the weekend of 16 & 17 January 2010 in Raleigh, NC at the Fairgrounds. At the C&E gun show last month, the crowds seemed smaller than those to which we had become accustomed. But this month, the crowds came roaring back, making Obama, one year after his inauguration, the still undisputed "Gun Salesman of the Year." If gun shows in other regions are showing the same pattern, I suspect that this year will be another record breaking year.

Guns of all types were being sold, but just from my observation, the great majority were handguns, closely followed by AR variants. I saw someone sitting down to fill out paperwork at nearly every gun dealer. Ammunition and supplies that had been in short supply, or were unobtainable were back on the shelves, if in limited supply. I found plenty of .380ACP, 9mm, and .45ACP at reasonable prices. Most of the reloading dealers had large pistol primers, an item that was simply unobtainable throughout last year. People were also spending money on accessories such as magazines and holsters. Of course, one can never have too many magazines when the SHTF.

I am one of the volunteers manning the table for Grass Roots North Carolina. GRNC did alright at the show. Our table was in the hallway leading to the trading floor, and I think our new position made us more visible to the public. We had many people stop by to make a comment, and as always I was impressed with how knowledgeable these people were. We also had inquiries about CHL training, and I was happy to direct them to Frontline Defense, who had a booth in the back of the hall. I also saw more families at the show. When wives become interested in a gun show, guns are no longer seen as "Dad's expensive hobby," but as a necessity to save the family. I pray for my country.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you saw .45 ACP? There hasn't been any up here since this time last year, excluding small amounts of "self-defense" ammo (20-rd boxes) at $2/round.

    Sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rev. Paul,

    Yes, I saw 4 boxes of Winchester .45ACP in the Value pack ($38/box) plus several other .45ACP hollow point. Sorry things aren't returning to normal in AK.

    Regards,
    PolyKahr

    ReplyDelete