Saturday, December 4, 2010

Large Hadron Collider Creates Mini Big Bangs

I am a Christian, and as such, believe that God created the universe, which includes the Earth and the beings on it, including mankind. However, I am also an engineer, and have studied mathematics and science. As such, I believe that God used the natural world, and laws of nature to accomplish his goal. So, this excites me.   I realize that many atheists think I should be afraid of this research, but frankly it can only confirm what I believe to be true.

Most atheists who study a little bit of science seem to believe that science refutes the Bible and points to our existence as a random event.  I look at it and am constantly amazed at the unbelievable genius of the Lord, to make the world so perfectly. If anything, it only confirms the Bible, and points to an unimaginably brilliant Creator.  It is, perhaps, one reason I can not believe in the "fragile environment" which seems to always be on a knife edge, ready to collapse and send us to our doom.  I can also not believe in the pontifications of the neo-malthusians for the same reason.  We will not run out of resources.

Hat tip to Theo Sparks for pointing me to the article.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely correct, IMHO. As Einstein noted, God doesn't play dice with the universe; it functions according to His design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of science, and all of its discoveries about the evolution of the universe, and the many species of the Earth, including Man, are easily reconciled with Divine origin, if we apply a single postulate: God stands outside time.

    And of course He does. He must, or we could never reconcile His omniscience with Man's free will!

    ReplyDelete