Thursday, August 13, 2026

Post Office Carry Ban Contradicts Federal Law

 Today at Bearing Arms Cam Edwards has some welcome news for gun owners. The article can be found at DOJ Says Post Office Carry Ban Contradicts Federal Law. It is not a done deal yet, but it is closer than ever to getting rid of this nasty rule.

Every time I have to go to the post office, I have to take my gun out of its holster, put it in a safe, and then walk in. Upon completion of postal business, I have to retrieve it, put it back in the holster, all without anyone noticing.  But the truth is nobody in the post office is in any danger with it in its holster, but I am at risk every time I handle it. People make mistakes all the time when in a hurry. Besides that, handling the gun in a car, while keeping everything on the down low is awkward.

Gentle readers can read about it at the embedded hyperlink.  As with everything, it takes forever, but at least here it is trending the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment