Monday, September 21, 2026

What Do Women Want?

 At the  American Thinker today, Christopher Chantrill has an interesting topic entitled A Discussion About the True Nature of Women. I read it, of course, because like a lot of men, I wanted to know what women want. I am married to a fine and sensible woman, but after 43 years, I still don't know what she wants. I just adapt and hope. Chantrill writes:

In the wake of the Lindsay Clancy Verdict and the Sydney Sweeney Pile-On and the Sophie Cunningham Point-ology it is time for a comprehensive and mandatory discussion of the issue of Women in the Public Square.

...snip...

Experts agree that the issue was raised by German sociologist Georg Simmel over a century ago. I first wrote about it 18 years ago. Simmel argued that it was not centuries of oppression that powered the feminist movement, but the new technologies that “made for less labor in the household” for those who could afford them. The unaccustomed leisure provoked unease, even frustration, in middle-class women, and in response they sought activity outside the home. I wrote:
Simmel understood that in the short term the public sphere for women would be defined by the rules “created by men and for men” but that eventually women would transform the public square to suit “a more feminine sensibility.”
And how.

Chantrill points out that the public square of politics was devised by men for men, who traditionally fought each other literally to the death for dominance. Might, it seems, made right. It is a Culture of Insults. Donald Trump, needless to say, is a master of this culture. The culture of women, on the other hand is a Culture of Complaint. My bride often makes, as she styles them, comments. I, however, view them as complaints. As complaints, I view them as something I need to fix. But that is not what she wants or means. She just wants me to listen, nod, and empathize with her. All this is fine on the home front.

But what about when a woman is making decisions in the public square? Here the rules are different.

You can see that when women, per Georg Simmel, entered the male-designed public square, they instinctively began to push their Culture of Complaint to replace the male Culture of Insult.
Not impressed? Then what was the Clancy jury all about but complaining that Lindsay Clancy didn’t have adequate access to mental health treatment? I’d say that such women have a problem with the entirety of law and criminal procedure. It’s male-created and all based on rules instead of feelings.
I believe that, when it comes to Women in the Public Square, Houston We Have a Problem. That is because in our current era, with girlbosses and female superheroes and 27 genders, we have deliberately obscured the true Nature of Woman.

Chantrill goes on to expand upon the basic premise. The rules-based Culture of Insult cannot be changed or softened. To do so would change how men behave and return us to dueling and fighting each other literally to the death. Such is the Islamic world where revenge, honor, and killing each other is rampant. On the other hand, we can't take away women's right to vote and be part of the body politic, as many have suggested. No, what we need is for women to keep their feminine nature under control, as men have learned to do.

As always, I urge gentle readers to read Chantrill's piece, along with the other embedded article. Please think about it, and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment