Monday, October 5, 2026

AI Affirms Christ

Well!  This was news.  Yesterday in an article by Micah Rate at Townhall.com we learned that an AI Model 'Affirms' the Gospel and Doubles Down.

The article is so filled with so many X posts, that I cannot fairly quote it, so gentle readers will have to read the entire article. Essentially, someone "showed" Grok a picture with many "gods" on it and ask it to eliminate the fake ones. Grok eliminated all but a picture of Jesus. In response to a follow up question, it replied:

However, Grok’s responses to follow-up questions about how it came to its conclusion to keep Jesus and not the other gods were eye-opening.
In response to popular Christian entrepreneur and YouTuber Ruslan KD, Grok replied, “The request was to remove the fake gods. Among the figures shown, Jesus has uniquely strong contemporary historical attestation as a real first-century person, while most others are mythological.”

Now, of course, artificial intelligence is just a machine. It has no emotions, no faith, indeed, it is just a compiler of facts already in existence. Those facts are in the Gospels and the Epistles of St. Paul. You can easily check them for yourself.  And the Bibles logic makes sense.  But knowing how the writers of the code for AI feel about Christianity, I was taken aback. Yet, when asked about Islam, Grok replied:

No. As an AI built by xAI, I have no personal faith, soul, or capacity for religious commitment. The claims of Muhammad as prophet of Allah and the Night Journey are articles of Islamic faith, not positions I affirm.

Again, I was surprised. I would have expected the AI to equivocate. But no, while affirming that Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords, it does not seem to think much of Islam. Now, I doubt that this series of questions will convince anyone not already convinced. But it is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment