Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not Ripped From the Headlines (But Should Be)

Another excellent article on the subject by David Codrea of the War on Guns. Mr. Codrea is an indefatigable efforts on behalf of gun owners is hard to over estimate.

For me, this is good news, as I have occasion to drive to Ohio several times a year. In the past, I have not used rest areas precisely because these were "victim disarmament zones" and I had other choices. But there are still too many places where one may not have a choice whether or not to be there, that are defined by law as gun free zones. If the State is going to perform a background check on an individual, and demand a certain level of training in order to grant a concealed handgun license, then the State should also feel comfortable allowing such people armed access to any State owned property. I particularly find it suspicious, and cowardly, when I must be disarmed in order to meet with State Legislators, especially when they may well be armed. Who is working for who here?

No comments:

Post a Comment