Saturday, March 3, 2018

Delta Airlines Discovers the Cost of Caving to the Leftists

A post by Thomas Lifson reveals what I thought might happen.  According to Lifson, Delta Discovers the Perils of PC. According to Lifson:
According to USA Today, only 13 passengers have ever used the NRA discount, which reveals how trivial it was. Airlines, car rental companies, and other firms in competitive industries hand out discount offers like Halloween candy to groups with large memberships. But the well organized gun-grabbers saw an opportunity to embarrass the NRA by pressuring companies to shun the discount arrangements they have made with it.
In other words, this is entirely a symbolic battle, but one with real-world consequences.
Those consequences are a Georgia bill that would strip Delta of $40 million a year in aviation jet fuel subsidies.  Oh, by the way, I can also avoid the other companies who do not support my rights, as easily as I can avoid going to Target stores.  There is nothing at these places that I can not get elsewhere. 

I don't know about you, gentle reader, but I am no an NRA member because they offer discounts, and I don't think I have ever used one.  I also am not a member because the offer "gifts" such as range bags as incentives for signing up. My NRA range bag is in a corner somewhere.  I use my own bag, thank you.  No, the reason I remain an NRA member, while I don't agree with some of their positions, and I certainly don't care for their compromising away the Second Amendment, they are the big dog in the gun rights fight.  I also am a member of Gun Owners of America and Grass Roots North Carolina.

Read the whole thing though, because there is an interesting story within the story, about Rush Limbaugh's fight against these Leftist.  It seems that the many threats to businesses who advertise with Rush that came from Twitter feeds, facebook and other social media were actually generated by at most 10 people, using bots and other illicit devices to magnify their efforts. The difference, of course is that Rush has millions of real, live listeners every day.  The NRA has 5 million dues paying members, and perhaps 50 million supporters.  That's a lot of people to piss off.

No comments:

Post a Comment