Friday, February 12, 2021

The Left Always Has To Have Enemies

 Yesterday, Mrs. PolyKahr and I were watching a new program, which is a remake of an old series that was popular, and at some point they script writers had two people who see themselves first and foremost as representatives of their respective races complaining about how bad they have it.  Since Mrs. PolyKahr had not seen any left wing messaging in entertainment, I paused the show to state "That, right there, is identity politics inserted into the script for this show. These people should be proud as Americans, but instead they feed the line that the system is rigged against them."

There followed a heated debate in which I was accused of being "privileged" and not understanding how hard it is for minorities. But there have been several other debates, one of which was whether or not "white supremacy" is wide spread. She believes they are around every corner, while I contend that I simply don't know any.  But the point is that emphasizing minority status, and making as many minority groups as possible, each with its own grievances against the others, is a way claim that the Left are the people to seek revenge on these peoples' perceived oppressors.

Today, at the American Thinker is a piece that discusses some of the talking points that the Mrs. and I debated last night. The article, by Chris Boland, is entitled White Supremacy and the Dearth of Ideas. Here is what I maybe should have said to the Mrs:

My wife was watching a TV program that caught my attention as I was walking through the room. It was an episode of Madame Secretary in which one of the protagonists is embedded in a White Supremacist organization to disrupt a pending attack. I commented that the series was winding down and would likely be canceled soon.
She asked me what I meant by that and I explained my theory of Hollywood and White Supremacy; namely, that when the writers ran out of all possible woke storylines, they resort to a White Supremacy thread to stave off cancellation.

I say I have never met a "white supremacist" and only one or two actual racists. But, if truth be told, these unsavory characters are not Constitutional conservatives. Indeed, they are yet more collectivists, which places them on the Left of the political spectrum. Such people are trying to do what the Left itself is attempting to do, divide Americans into smaller groups, setting forth grievances for each group, and then claiming that they are the ones to seek revenge for these grievances.

There may indeed be White Supremacists, White Nationalists, Christian Identitarians, or other unsavory groups that progressive minds associate with the political right, but in my two decades of living in Hollywood, I never met any. I met Russian gangsters, Armenian gangsters, hookers and pimps of all stripes, MS13 gangsters, White Fence, independent criminals, and various other miscreants, but never the Central Casting Racist depicted in television or the movies.
Working on a tuna boat, or in an oil field, or on a construction site, I have never met the feared Neo-Nazi. Even working for eight years in the steel town of Fontana, California, the birthplace of the Hells Angels, I never met a White Supremacist. I have met many racists over the years, some black, some brown, some white, but I have never met any racist I would elevate to the level of “supremacist.”

The people they are really talking about are not actual "white supremacists" or Neo Nazis. They don't exist in great enough numbers to account for the outrage generated in the media and by bloviating politicians. No, what they are really talking about is you and me. If you are a conservative, or voted for Trump, you are now a white supremacist racists. Doesn't matter that you might be black, or from South and Central America, or Asian. You are the one in the cross hairs.

Oh, and when the New York Times seriously proposes that the Asterisk Administration should appoint a "reality czar". while others propose "Truth and Reconciliation Commissions" and re-education camps, things that Communist regimes in the Soviet Union and China have done, is it any wonder that some may feel targeted? But then, they are right to concerned, for the Left always needs enemies to flourish, even if they have to make them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment