Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Those who claim "science" have no science on their side.

 Dennis Prager has an article at Townhall.com entitled Why the Mased and the Unmasked Have Disdain For Each Other that seems both accurate and evenhanded. The maskers claim 'science' without any scientific evidence to offer anyone. They simply assert that the unmasked are killing them and don't care. Interestingly, he cites the disdain of the unmasked as contempt for the contempt of the masked. I find this to be true:

Consequently, pro-mask Americans regard those who do not wear masks, let alone those who actively oppose mask-wearing, as selfish, anti-science potential killers.
What may be less obvious is why anti-maskers hold pro-maskers in equal contempt. So, this needs explaining in greater detail. After all, anti-maskers don't believe that maskers are putting people in hospitals.
First, anti-maskers regard the charges made against them by pro-maskers as baseless. Therefore, as odd as it sounds, anti-maskers have contempt for the pro-maskers' contempt. To wrongly charge people with causing mass death is, to understate the case, immoral. And if this charge is demonstrably wrong, the people who level it are the ones who are anti-science.
If you have read this blog for any time, you will know that I am against masking and mask mandates, and I don't usually wear a mask.  There is no science that shows a benefit, and much that shows negative effects.  So, yes, I get upset with Karens who try to force me to wear one.  I don't mind so much if others want to wear a mask because they think it protects them, but why do they insist that I wear one too?  It reminds me that the Left insists that I, and people like me, participate in their fantasies, whether it is transgenderism, or climate change...or...I could go on.  These people are not well.

Please check out Prager's article.

No comments:

Post a Comment