Saturday, January 11, 2020

Joaquin Phoenix Offers Bad Diet Advice

If, gentle readers, you read my post from Tuesday, January 7, 2020 about the Hollywood elite forgoing meat at the Golden Globe awards, you know that meat is not the environmental problem it is made out to be.  Rather, the problem is how meat is produced in the huge feed lots feeding grain and soy beans to cattle that have evolved to eat grass.  Moreover, while most of us do not need to eat as much meat as we do, we all need some.

Over at Townhall.com today, Julio Rosas has a post that says it all. The post, here has Joaquin Phoenix apologizing for flying to speak at Jane Fonda's "Friday Fire Drill" on the Capitol steps, but then encouraging everyone to give up meat.
"Something that I think isn't oftentimes talked about in the environmental movement or in the conversation about climate is that the meat and dairy is the third leading cause of climate change," Phoenix said. "I think sometimes we wonder what can we do in this fight against climate and there is something you can do today right now and tomorrow by making a choice what you consume."
"I struggle so much with what I can do [to combat climate change] at times. There are things that I can't avoid — I flew a plane out here today, or last night rather. But one thing that I can do is change my eating habits and so I just want to urge all of you to join me in that," he continued.
Let's see here, what is it that Ricky Gervais said during his monologue at the Golden Globes?
So if you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.
So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and fuck off, OK? It's already three hours long. Right, let's do the first award.
Hanoi Jane has lived on her fathers name all her life. Her father was a talented actor. She and her brother, not so much. So, I look at her "Friday Fire Drills" as a way to stay in the public eye. But just as one shouldn't follow the morals of celebrities, so one shouldn't accept diet advise from them either.

No comments:

Post a Comment