Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Getting a perspective on the Coronapanic

I may sound perhaps insensitive to the suffering that other may be going through. I am not, however. I just got a call from our company "human resource" department that everyone is furloughed until further notice. That means at least two weeks. Meanwhile, it has been rainy here for days on end, so getting outside to do some yard work at least has been iffy. So, put me in the same boat as everyone else.

But, in times like these, it is well to remember that Jesus walks beside us through all the times of both joy and suffering. At The Federalist Michael Salemink has a piece entitled 10 Positive Ways To Celebrate Life In The Shadow Of Coronavirus. Please read through his ten ways and meditate on each. It is easy to get wrapped around the axle over small things, and forget others. You still can reach out to others even if you are confined.

At our church we are making changes to our services, such as having the ushers place bulletins on a stand and pointing them out, rather than handing one to each person, but we have not cut out services.  I agree that cutting services is a bridge to far, and a gift to Satan and the Left.  Don't go there.

If you don't now, maybe it's a good time to start each morning with Martin Luther's morning prayer:


I thank you my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ Your dear Son,that you have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and that you would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, my doings and life may please You. For into your hands I commend myself, my body and soul and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen
Stay safe, gentle reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment