Saturday, April 11, 2020

Goodbye Fred S, Singer, April 6, 2020

Marc Sheppard has the obituary over at the American Thinker entitled My Long Goodbye To Fred S. Singer. I have often featured Singer's work in this blog, and indeed owe a debt of gratitude for giving me an understanding of our weather systems and climate in lay man's terms.

When I first came across Singer's work, I was publishing a model of my own that distributed funds to the Engineering Field Divisions of the Naval Facilities Engineering Command. So, I knew the limitations of models, and I was instantly suspicious of the IPCC model.  But Singer knew this work intimately, and had the scientific knowledge and the intellectual fortitude to challenge this model.  Moreover, he has been proven correct over time.

Please go read the embedded article, as it more than an obituary.  Fred Singer died at age 95 on April 6, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment