Monday, May 18, 2009

Advise for Armed Self Defense

Paul Valone has the first in a series which gives advise on Armed Self Defense for Gun Owners New and Old. I like this type of article because I always come away with a nugget or two I did not know, or reinforced something I did know. For example, revolvers are for the most part dead reliable, even if you don't clean them regularly or oil them, or change the springs etc. They can sit dry in a drawer for decades and still go bang. But the truth is that my marksmanship with revolvers is not as good as I would like. Therefore I have migrated to the 1911 platform in .45ACP. It's what I shoot best. There are those times, however, when a tiny little 9mm is the way to go, or like Paul, a little .32.

Go and read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment