Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's really not my problem

The "Liberal" world view is, I have to confess, a facinating one to me. That's because I live among them. Glenn Beck has a saying that we surround them. Well, I have to tell him that from my perspective, they surround us. Therefore I was interested to read in The House of Eratosthenes a posted entitled Tired of the Charade, Pretending it's My Problem. I felt a little of that "deja vu all over again" as I read the piece and the comments.

I live as I said, among such people, and discussions of politics and religion are verboten in polite company... except when they are not. Sometimes I simply can't resist throwing in several facts to dispute what would otherwise be a total take down of an evil strawman. At that point, everyones' eyes narrow as they sense that something evil has walked in the room. The good people begin getting out their pitchforks, tar, and feathers. At that point, my bride, bless her heart, will kick me under the table. Later she will excoriate me for discussing politics or religion in public. If I point out that it was already being discussed, I will get further tongue lashing, so usually don't point that out. You see it is never the naked emperor walking through town that is the problem, but me who like the little boy, has to point out his nakedness to everyone. I too am tired of the charade, pretending it's my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment