Saturday, September 1, 2018

Legalizing the Constitution again

I have not been blogging much of late because I have come to believe that what I am saying is only read or understood by those who have the same beliefs.  It's called "singing to the choir."  I have grown weary of trying to tell people that if they don't turn around, they will find themselves, and us as well in a tyranny  from which it will be impossible for the American people to extricate themselves.  Instead, I have been spending my time on new music, a new musical instrument to learn,  and getting closer to God.  After all, I can not change anyone else, only myself.

Still, I do read a few things from time to time that are worth making even the choir aware of, such as the recent piece by Deana Chadwell at the American Thinker entitled Legalizing the Constitution. Ms. Chadwell is correct that the Constitution, which is supposed to be the highest law of the land, the law to which all other laws must stand muster, is being shredded before our eyes. She is especially concerned about the First Amendment, which is frankly the most important. Go read the whole thing, as it is very good.

Not said, but it is an important point, the Trump agenda must continue.  In order for that to happen, we need all hands on deck to maintain Republican Congressional majorities in both houses.  No matter how you feel about your Republican representatives, and I have been pretty disgusted with mine, we must vote them back into office to continue the Trump agenda.  Filling the courts with conservative people who will "legalize" the Constitution is the goal.

If we don't do it, the country as we have known it is lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment