Saturday, July 13, 2019

Something Different

So, today, let's do something different, shall we?  Over at the American Thinker today, Anthony J. DeBlasi has a piece entitled Love of Music. Quite often, we get wrapped around the axle worrying about politics, and we forget what truly makes us human. I contend that the arts in general, and music in particular are one of the things that mark humanity as opposed to the other animals.  As I have grown older, I learn to appreciate more and more styles of music, but especially instrumentals.  While learning to play the trumpet, I discovered Baroque music.  While relearning to play the organ, I discovered Bach.  My latest passion is the guitar.  While it is used a lot in pop music for blindingly stupid purposes, the guitar actually has a long history dating back to the middle ages.  The genres of music played on the guitar range from classical and flamenco to jazz and county and rock.

Go read the article, and while you are doing so, listen to a master of the guitar, Mr. Chet Atkins here.

No comments:

Post a Comment