Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Virus Destroying The West

Today I present a video of Gad Saad, discussing his new book The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense here.

Saad points out that the basic virus is an escape from reality.  The different strains of the virus may look different, but at heart they all deny reality in favor of wishful or magical thinking.  Thus identity politics, or feminism, or trans whatever all deny various forms of reality. And, if you can deny the reality you can see, and hear, and touch, then it is possible to blame someone else for the circumstances of your life.  You are not responsible for your choices and your failures, someone else is.  Society, or white privilege or Western civilization, or racism.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

But here's the thing.  No one is a victim if he or she chooses not to be.  And no, activism is not the answer either.  Rioting, and looting and vandalism require very little work.  The truth is that you may not be able to be a billionaire, but you can make a comfortable living.  You can have a good family, and some luxuries too.  It takes a lot of hard work, but you can do it.  The truth is that anything of worth and value requires a lot of hard work.

I am not a genius; who do I blame?  My parents?  And I will never be a rock star (thank goodness.)  But I am not those things only because I chose other things on which to concentrate.  Had I put the same amount of time and effort into being a rock musician as I did into becoming an engineer, I would be a rock star.  Or a physician, or a lawyer, or...  My point is that this is true for everyone.  Of course, there are certain physical limitations.  I would never be a Michael Jordan, because I am not tall enough or athletic enough.  But for the great majority of things in life, physical limitations can be overcome where there is a will to do so.

Please go and watch Gad Saad: Bad Ideas Are Destroying The West. It is a bit long, so save it for when you''ve got an hour or so.  The thing you can do is to challenge these ideas wherever you encounter them.  Some people who are indoctrinated may become violent, so be prepared for that.  Reality is often not pleasant, but in the end our very happiness depends on acknowledging that our lives, are the result of our own choices, good and bad.  And if we don't like how are lives have turned out so far, we can indeed change things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment