Thursday, May 6, 2021

Filed Under "I Don't Recognize My Country Anymore"

 Andrea Widburg has a piece at the American Thinker that should be filed under "I don't recognize my country any more." Actually, I started to not recognize my country during the Bush II years.  And that really strengthened under Obama, when so much of the Federal government was weaponized against conservatives.  I had some hope under Trump, but he proved to be too little too late.  In any case, Widburg's article can be found at Dr. Joseph Mercola provides a case study in how censorship works in America. As she points out, she is not taking sides in the debate. Rather, what she is objecting to is that one side seems determined to not allow the other to speak.

And that’s only the beginning, in paragraph after paragraph, Dr. Mercola details the effort to shut him down. A doctor from an institution that Bill Gates funds has even demanded that cyber warfare tactics be used against Mercola and others who advocate alternatives to vaccination.
...snip...
Note, please, that I’m not using this post to advocate for Dr. Mercola’s position when it comes to general health and dealing with COVID. Instead, I’m pointing out that we are living in a totalitarian era that sees woke mobs, billionaires, and corporations control public discourse. Drunk with power, they unhesitatingly hurt people’s reputations or even threaten them, silencing all voices that challenge their narrative.
I have always believed that the answer to incorrect speech is more speech. Interestingly, though, the people who believe Dr. Mercola is providing "disinformation" seem unwilling to debate him, instead preferring to threaten him and shut him down. This seems to me to be a distinct weakness on the part of the censors. It, to me, strengthens Dr. Mercola's position. If you don't have confidence in your own position, why should anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment