Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Our Children Are Being Groomed

 Andrea Widburg today, at the American Thinker has a story from Fairbanks, Alaska about a conservative school board member who was silenced from reading from a book that is on the shelves at one of their local schools. It is must read. This is happening in YOUR school district, I guar-an-tee! Widburg leads us in with this:

When I think of Alaska, I tend to think of a sturdy conservative state that elected Sarah Palin as its governor. Then, I remember that Alaskans keep sending Lisa Murkowski to the Senate. Clearly, there’s a leftist strain in that state. It was clearly revealed at a Fairbanks School Board meeting regarding a proposed revision to school policies that would have required teachers to wade into controversial, polarizing subjects. That’s an interesting discussion and one school boards should have. What I found noteworthy, though, was the desperate speed with which leftist board members moved to silence a conservative board member who peacefully began to read from a book readily found on the high school library shelves.
But here is the money quote, which tells you all you need to know:
“I can tell you, if it’s good for the goose, it’s good for the gander,” he responded. “It’s in our schools. If the kids can read it, I don’t see what the problem is with reading a couple of excerpts from a book … If it’s too inappropriate for the school board, but it’s appropriate for the kids, I don’t know what to say.”
Exactly. Our children are being groomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment