Monday, June 11, 2018

Buy Ammunition. You never know ho much you will need

Here's a post from 2016 by Kurt Schlichter entitled Buy Ammo. Schlichter gives a number of reasons to buy ammunition, not the least of which is because:
Buying ammo is a no-lose proposition. Look, the worst thing that happens if you buy more ammo is that you have more ammo. Plus, much of our consumer ammo is made by hardworking Americans, and many of those ammo makers are located in red states where the right to keep and bear arms is celebrated and respected. So you’re helping fellow conservative Americans, which is good. And you’re infuriating people like that sanctimonious, Second Amendment-hating incompetent infesting the White House, which is great.
Remember that Schlichter was writing this during the Obama years. But, you should always keep on hand a number of rounds that you rotate as you use them up. In other words, as you use up the rounds in your stash, you buy more. Or, if you are a reloader, you make more, and then buy more components. The Obama years were a time of shortages of ammunition, which then spurred panic buying. I remember seeing men coming out of the gun show carrying big boxes filled with .223 Remington on their shoulders, that probably amounted to 1000 rounds each. I did not have to panic buy because I had sufficient rounds on hand, and sufficient components on hand, to weather 8 years of Obama.  I could buy strategically.

Schlichter does not give us a fixed number of rounds we should have per gun.  I am reluctant to as well, because each person must evaluate his or her own situation.  In the final analysis, the number of rounds on maintains is an arbitrary number.  You may need exactly 0 rounds, or the end of the world as we know it (abbreviated TEOTWAWKI) may happen, and you will be scrounging for anything you can throw at your enemies.  But start buying now, in whatever amount you think you might need.

I am cognizant of the fact that during the last election, the Democrats expected to win big, and they became over self confident.  Today, we are hearing everywhere that the "blue wave" will not materialize, and that the Republicans will actually take more seats.  Between you and me, I don't believe it.  I may be wrong, but if the Democrats win, even by a small margin, they will consider it a landslide, and the gun grabbers will be out in force.  If the elections turn out as the polls say they will, well, see above..

2 comments:

  1. I am set for 9mm and .22 caliber. I need to get more .45 ACP, and also some .308, for my new rifle I am building. Plus some 12 gauge buck shot and slugs. But with the price so low on .22 caliber, I might have to pick up another brick next time I am out and about. 22$ for 525 rounds? Are you kidding me? I couldn't even buy it 3 years ago, for any price. Now they have it at my Dunham's every week for less than 25$ a brick of 525 to 550. I can't resist when I go there. And I can't even order 9mm ball ammo as cheap as I can buy it there. 11$ a box of 50? Sometimes cheaper, never more. Yes, it is indeed time to keep buying ammo, even if just one or two boxes a month. And then, get out and shoot some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigpen51, glad you are here and commenting. Yes, now seems a good time, and you have the right idea. As you are going about, buy a little at a time. You never know what the future will bring. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

    Wade

    ReplyDelete