Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Are California Lawmakers Insane?

So, when I saw this headline at Bearing Arms by Tom Knighton, entitled California Gun Control Fails to Stop Man From Accumulating Massive Arsenal, I had to check, because according to California law enforcement, I have a "massive" arsenal. I read at one time that you should have around 500 rounds for every handgun you may have. I have strived to live up to that, and throughout various shortages due to Democrat administrations, the policy has served me well.

But for once, the California cops were right. This guy had a truly impressive arsenal. The only problem was that it was obtained illegally. Which is Knighton's point. All the laws that California has passed and continues to pass in the name of keeping guns out of the hands of the criminal did not prevent this guy form accumulating a really massive number of guns and rounds of ammunition, including some actual machine guns.

While many of us have a number of firearms, we never really have enough. If I had my way, I'd have enough of an arsenal to outfit a few divisions of troops. Not because I need them but simply because I can.
I love living in the land of the free.
Yet our friends in California often refer to themselves as living in occupied territory. That's because the gun laws there are so strict. The idea of massive quantities of firearms isn't completely dead there, but it's difficult.
Those laws, we're told, are meant to keep people from getting guns illegally.
Yet an arrest there kind of makes it clear how little these laws are doing in that regard.
"A man was arrested in Richmond after 214 illegally owned guns and about one million rounds of ammo were found, along with thousands of more gun parts.
"

...snip...

"In total, authorities seized 11 military-style machine guns, 133 handguns, 37 rifles, 60 assault rifles, 7 shotguns, 20 silencers, and 4 flare guns, and around one million rounds of ammunition of different calibers."

And yet, California continues to add laws, rules, and regulations to the hundreds already in existence. Einstein is reported to have noted that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the very definition of insanity. Are California lawmakers insane?

No comments:

Post a Comment