Thursday, April 23, 2009

Profiling the Left in America.

The left opposes profiling, except when it comes to the free in this country.
Gee, why the double-standard? John Longenecker's past articles on this [linked
within this article] go a long way in understanding what we are up against
today.



An interesting read. For me, reading this article provided an "aha" moment, in that so many things just fell into place. Of course, it's not just the article itself, but the links to the other articles, written by the same author, that flesh out what he is talking about.

I used to dismiss talk of liberals as being mentally ill as merely showing that by a conservative's principles they were as mentally ill as are we by their principles. However, as I studied issue after issue, I came to see that extreme leftists do not seem to have any inviolable principles that I can discern. They see nothing illogical about coddling murders and terrorists on the one hand, and aborting innocent babies on the other. Animal rights activists see nothing wrong with slaughtering dogs and cats, while doing anything in their power to disrupt the collateral deaths of animals used to ensure our food and drugs are safe. I have had debates, if you could call them that, with liberals during which I tried to show the principles that give me the right to defend my life and that of my loved ones, anywhere and any time I might need to do so, all to no avail.

This article explains that. Now that I think about it, it explains why so many people who reside in certain areas of the country seem to be in therapy. It explains why some people seem to be hair triggered about certain topics, all out of proportion to reality. It explains why for some people, no amount of evidence can change their minds.

Go and read the article. It is worth taking some time, even bookmarking it.
read more digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment