Sunday, July 18, 2021

Why Does Everything Have To Be About Politics

 Andrea Widberg, at the American Thinker points out that while You May Like Black Rifle Coffee, Does It Like You?. Widberg points to a New York Times article in which Black Rifle Coffee Co. CEO trashes some of his customers. I don't read the NYT so this was news to me.

When Black Rifle Coffee (“BRC”) emerged on the scene, it targeted conservatives, positioning itself as a pro-American and, eventually, pro-Trump veteran-owned company. I don’t drink coffee so it didn’t matter to me.
However, some coffee drinkers may be unhappy with what the company’s executives had to say to the New York Times. The Times article opens by assuring its readers that BRC’s CEO, Evan Hafer, really is a MAGA kind of guy. He voted for Trump and even believed Trump’s claims about election fraud – before he saw the light thanks to Bill Barr’s declaration that there was no fraud, gave him new faith in the system. Neither the Times nor Hafer mention the evidence of substantial fraud in Arizona and Georgia.
However, it was when Hafer saw the events at the Capitol that The Times says that he suddenly realized that his brand had been stolen by extremists...
Now, I have been a Black Rifle Coffee club member for several years. I have bought both the Black Beard's Delight and recently Beyond Black in whole bean. Mrs. PolyKahr recently got me a Delonghi EC 702 Espresso machine and I have been enjoying real espresso made at home any time I want. I pains me to purchase Starbucks because of the Leftist bent of the company, even though they make an excellent product. And while local roasters would make a lot of sense, I find that so far their product is lacking.  I like a bold, rich flavor, but not so much the caffeine.

But I think I will have to forgo BRC coffee from now on. If he wants to get rid of his customers, I can accommodate him. 

Why does everything have to be about politics?

No comments:

Post a Comment