Monday, July 8, 2024

Kevin Costner the Fudd

 Kevin Costner suffered a box office flop according to David Codrea of the War on Guns at Ammoland and Costner's Box Office Flop Should Be an Example for Hollywood Gun Hypocrites.

“Warner Bros. may have to change its plans for the August sequel to Kevin Costner’s ‘Horizon,’” Showbiz 411 reported Friday. “This weekend, the Civil War adventure made just $11 million in four days of wide release. Critically panned, “Horizon” is a financial disaster for Costner personally and for Warner’s.”
This might be where a gun owner or a Republican might say, “Gee, that’s too bad.” And reflect on why they have no intention of spending hard-earned dollars to reward a celebrity who uses his fame to work against their interests…
Always willing to perform fake cinematic feats of derring-do with guns to thrill audiences into accepting that using them to save the day is good when an “action hero” does it, Costner has proven to be a real-life Fudd extraordinaire, winning the T. Boone Pickens Lifetime Sportsman Award – while calling for “stricter gun laws”:
“I’m a hunter, I hunt but I think there should be gun laws. I think there should be a lot of gun laws. I don’t want to lose my shotgun but there’s a real good reason why I use my shotgun. It came from my grandpa. His cheek was on it. My dad’s cheek was on it and I go out and hunt with my dogs… But, even though with the connection that I have to my gun, can I look at the NRA (National Rifle Association) and say, `I think you’re out of line?’ I can say that.”

It has always amazed me that people who use guns in the movies are so quick to denounce guns in real life. Look at Alec Baldwin for an example.  Of course, they have security to protect them and their families. But Costner is a special breed of hypocrite. He is a hunter who believes that guns should be taken away from us, but not them. He is a Fudd, referring to Elmer Fudd the ridiculous rabbit hunter in Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Now, I don't hunt, but I respect those who do. And I expect that they will respect folks like me who carry to protect ourselves and those around us. Too bad Costner doesn't see it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment