Thursday, August 4, 2022

Lessons from Ruby Ridge with a hat tip to David Codrea

 I have been busy of late, and so let this go by without comment.  But today, as I was catching up on reading, I logged into The War on Guns website and read again the piece at the American Thinker by Huck Davenport titled Lessons from Ruby Ridge. Now, while the sidebar to my blog presents my reading file, I don't expect that gentle readers of my blog to read each item on that sidebar. Gentle readers are assumed to have a life, so I only hope you will check in now and then and read my commentary on what I consider the most important items each day. So, I am ashamed that this did not make it.

Davenport presents a damning picture of the Department of (in)Justice even then, thirty years ago. My, how time has past. Thirty years is a working lifetime. What Davenport presents is the true face of the Deep State, a piece of the government that even scares the elected politicians. He concludes with this:
...The DOJ today operates with complete impunity, unaccountable, and corrupt. The abuse is endless.
When the Senate Oversight Committee had the temerity to investigate the DOJ, the CIA hacked into the Senate’s computers to thwart the investigation. When questioned about it under oath they lied. CIA Director Brennan, Director of National Intelligence Clapper, and FBI Director Comey would prove to be serial perjurers and never face consequences.
They’ve continued to entrap American citizens, most recently in the politically motivated Whitmer kidnapping hoax. They’ve brought the full powers of the DOJ to bear on parents daring to protest out-of-control school boards, suppressed Hunter Biden’s laptop, incarcerated J6 protestors indefinitely, and now regularly target political enemies with pre-dawn military-style raids.
Thirty years ago, the DOJ proved to be out of control at Ruby Ridge. Since then, its abuses have only accelerated, and oversight has proven impossible. The entire criminal organization needs to be shuttered, and rebuilt outside of the incestuous confines of the Beltway with a strict code of ethics that, if violated, would result in a permanent ban from government jobs and loss of pension. We are out of options.
A confession is due hear. Thirty years ago, I was a regular consumer of CNN and therefore of government propaganda. I was just at the beginning of questioning the governments environmental proclamations. Of course, my time in Panama had given me a somwhat jaundiced view of the journalism "profession." But that faded with my return to the States. Ruby Ridge took place in 1992. I didn't become "red pilled" until 1997, with the signing of the Tokyo Protocol on Climate Warming. By then I had also become convinced that much of the environmental movement was composed of people opposed to America and the American Founding, and was therefore deeply corrupt.

But the Tokyo Protocol sealed it for me. Once my eyes opened, I could see how corrupt the Love Canal affair was in granting more power to federal agencies. The "tobacco wars" mentioned a while ago were also more proof of corruption. Then there is the fact that no matter how we the people voted, whichever party is in power, the government always seems to head in only one direction: toward more power and tyranny.

I may sound anti-government. I am not. Anarchy is total chaos and leads shortly to totalitarianism. I am for very limited government, government confined to certain mutually agreed upon and assigned tasks. Our Constitution assigns such tasks to the federal government, and they should stay in their lane. Since they haven't, Davenport is spot on, they must be taken down and rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment