Thursday, April 22, 2021

Are We Ignorant Rubes, or Justifiably Cautious?

 I obviously do not get my news from MSNBC, nor increasingly from CNN.  But I don't get a lot of it from Fox News either.  No, I get most of it by reading. You can see a lot of the stuff I read by looking over to the left side bar. But even that isn't all I read. I am a voracious reader of many sites, some conservative, some scientific, and a few general interest. Which brings me to a post at The Federalist today by John Daniel Davidson entitled Vaccine Hesitant Americans Aren't Ignorant Rubes, They're Understandably Cautious.

After reading articles and interviews with, among others, Dr. Michael Yeadon, America's Front Line Doctors, Dr. Scott Atlas, and of course, while not a doctor, Scott Morefield has been on the case against masks, enough evidence has been built up surrounding the vaccine to make it reasonable to take a wait and see attitude. As Davidson rightly points out, the Covid-19 disease has a survivability rate, even at my age, of 99.5%. Given that I am in reasonably good health, I have made the calculation to wait for more data. I can always take the vaccine later, and not have to stand in line. Again, go read the whole article.

And then, there is the question of why the vaccine is being pushed so hard.  Anyone who exhibits a little hesitancy is shamed, denounced, and subtly threatened.  Why?  What is in it for businesses, corporations, for government to force me into taking an experimental vaccine?  Unfortunately, I can not follow the money, but I can not help but be suspicious of what I might find.  And then there is the Gates Foundation.  Talk about creepy... 

Some years ago, I took up one of these "free" vacation offers at a resort.  The only catch was that I had to sit though a sales pitch for purchasing a time share.  Now, the salesman presented all kinds of promises.  We could vacation every year at numerous chic vacation spots.  It all sounded wonderful.  But I was hesitant, needing to use my money for more concrete items at the time.  The salesman wouldn't give up though.  He kept brow beating me and telling me that this was a good investment for me.  Really?  I have never regretted not buying that timeshare.  Today, people are paying people to get them out of time shares.  

No comments:

Post a Comment