Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The last line of defense against tyranny, or the first line?

Gun owners who think of themselves as the "last line of defense against tyranny" might be setting themselves up to be too late. Rather, the armed citizen properly viewed, should be involved in politics at all levels.I had a little taste of the disdain some hunting enthusiasts seem to hold for people such as myself at the Dixie Deer Classic this weekend. While conservation, the latest turkey calls, and so on are all important, hunters need to stand shoulder to shoulder with gun rights folks. I do not hunt, but I recognize the need for, and value of hunting. I would urge hunters to do the same. After all, just as "gun control" is not about guns but control, so "gun rights" are not about guns, but rights.

read more digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment